Ask a Mentor
Once the Montessori training is completed, the steep learning curve of real classroom instruction begins. This is a critical time in the life of the teacher. The best source of learning at that point is mentorship. This service can’t replace the benefit of a class visit by a mentor, but many questions can be answered.
This Weekly On-Line Q and A session is designed to give teachers direct and consistent access to experienced practitioners.
Participants log on to website and submit questions. Questions are selected by the teacher/moderator. Questions and answers are posted for all to read in real time with some allowance for follow-up questions as well. Edited transcripts are available in archives on the resources page.
Ask a Mentor is offered for the following programs: Toddler Community, Primary, and Elementary.
Some Practical Guidelines to Consider when Joining Ask a Mentor
- Each chat room is limited to 25 users per session.
- Chat rooms are open at all times. You can log on to submit a question at your convenience. Questions will be answered during the live session and published in transcripts over the following weekend.
- All sessions are moderated by experienced practitioners with AMI training.
- Once questions are submitted, they will remain in a queue until the moderator posts them to the board.
- Follow-up questions can be submitted but must be sent quickly so that the moderator does not move on to another question.
- Only questions related to the class level designated by room will be answered.
- Levels being served are Infant Community, Primary, and Elementary.
- Schedule can be found on the Ask a Mentor page at mtips.org.
- Live chat sessions are scheduled for Central Standard Time(CDT).
Click here to check what time it is in Chicago, IL (CDT).
**Click here to download guided instructions on how to get started with Ask a Mentor: InstructionsAskMentor.pdf